This policy sets out how Slough Urban Renewal (SUR) (we) will process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our marketing suites and website.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand how your personal information will be collected, processed and stored.
By visiting www.wexhamgreen.co.uk (our website) and using any services offered via our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
This policy may vary from time to time so please check it regularly. Any significant changes to this policy will be indicated on our website.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Morgan Sindall Group PLC of Kent House, 14-17 Market Place, London W1W 8AJ.
2.THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You are not required to provide information on the public areas of our website or in our marketing suites. However, you may choose to provide information about yourself by:
- completing the forms in our marketing suites and/or on our website
- corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- registering to use our website and/or subscribing to our service
- entering a promotion or survey
- reporting a problem with our website
The information you provide to us about yourself may include your name and address, e-mail address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information
3.HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We will only use the information you provide for the purpose indicated on the relevant form i.e.
- To respond to requests for brochures or to answer enquiries
- To register your name and address on our website (if you complete a registration)
- To follow up a visit to a marketing suite
- To progress the purchase of your new home
- To refer you (with your express permission) to our Independent Financial Advisors
- To carry out Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- To progress a job or training application
- To keep you informed of SUR news and services
- To create a user account for access to specific services relating to any of the above on our website
We may also use this information to telephone, e-mail or write to you about developments or other services which we think may be of interest to you. Information may also be shared between regions within SUR and their selected business partners to enable us to respond to your enquiries and requests more effectively and efficiently. We will not, in any instance, sell your information.
If you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph 10 of this policy.
4.WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. SUR will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5.DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and/or any affiliate of SUR which includes a corporation, partnership or other entity controlled by, controlling or under common control with SUR Partnerships.
A company is a subsidiary of another company (its holding company) if the holding company is a shareholder of it and controls/holds the majority of the voting rights in it and/or has the right to appoint or remove a majority of its board of directors.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SUR or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SUR, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to apply for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee of £10).
If you would like your details amended or removed from our database, or you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, simply email here.
Telephone calls to our marketing suites may be recorded for quality and training purposes only.
8.COOKIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identifier that is placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website. They do not damage your system or files in any way.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Sets the datetime that the user last visited the site, and is set for both guests and logged in users. If not set, is automatically set to 10 years ago. Affects guests and logged in users.
Tracks the last 5 pages viewed by the user, and is used primarily for redirection after logging in etc. Affects guests and logged in users.
Every time the state is updated (the page reloaded) the last activity is set to the current datetime. Used to determine expiry. This is essential for logged in users, but not for guests – it is set for both.
Used to secure the site from cross site scripting attacks. It identifies the current user as a genuine visitor of the website
Infinity Tracking uses a mixture of First and Third party cookies in order to ascertain where a visitor came from and what number to display to them.
If you would like to know exactly what cookies are being used by Google Analytics and Infinity Tracking and how they operate, or if you would like to find out more about the EU Cookie Law, you can do so via the links below.
- ICO Cookie Regulations and the EU Cookie Law
- Cookies and Google Analytics
- Infinity Tracking
9.LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
SUR is not responsible for the content, reliability, privacy and data protection practices of third-party sites linked to from within this website. As such, we recommend that you review the privacy and data protection policies of any third-party websites before making further use of their services.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed via email here.